I’m into digital marketing. I use my diverse experience and strategies to build brands, drive traffic, and convert leads. Currently, I run the social media and SEO efforts for McGraw-Hill Education’s preK-12 portfolio.
Skills and Experience (I need to rewrite this, I know)
I have the ability to mesh all concepts of digital marketing to achieve strategic success. I’m a problem solver, I know how the parts move and how to make them best mesh.
Social Media & Content
If I had to ask my friends what I’m best at, they’d say social media. Social media, content, and communities are what I really love.
- Social Media Marketing (3 years): following growth, expanding reach (both organic and paid strategy), viral strategy, influencer marketing, analytics. Experienced in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Reddit, Vimeo, Pinterest, and Snapchat for organizational use.
- Content Marketing: text/photo/video content creation, high quality link attraction, traffic driving to goals/actions, and analytics.
- Community Management: 2 years (moderator of /r/frugalmalefashion, /r/marketing, /r/webmarketing, /r/askmarketing, /r/content, /r/osu, /r/selfpromotion, and /r/linkbuilding). These combine for about ~3.5m pageviews per year.
Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing (3 years SEO/PPC): advanced knowledge of SEO ranking strategies and PPC campaign tactics. Proven examples with driving success. On-page, off-page local, niche, structure, speed, Schema, competitive analysis, analytics/funneling/ROI
Salesforce, Email, and Marketing Automation
- Marketing Automation: 1 year (HubSpot, IFTTT with custom site monitoring, iMacros, basic Marketo)
- Email Marketing: 2 years (Mailchimp, IFTTT, Aweber)
- CMS & Design: WordPress, HTML, CSS, basic-workable PHP.
- HTML & CSS: 5 years (WordPress based design).
- Landing Pages & Conversions: 2 years (WordPress/static+Optimizely)
- Usability: 2 year (UX philosophies, online consumer behavior, analytical explanations, optimization, 508 compliance strategies)
Software & Services
- Software: Office (strengths in Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Photoshop CS6, Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, iMovie, Audacity.
- Services: Google Drive, Office 365, Google Analytics, Google Font Library, Google Places for Business, Google Adwords, Google Adsense, Google Webmaster Tools, WordPress, bit.ly, SEMRush, Bing Places for Business, HootSuite, TweetDeck.
What I’m Doing
- Social Media and SEO Associate at McGraw-Hill Education
Things I Used To Do
- Digital Marketing Manager at Crane Renovation Group
- Digital Marketing Strategist at Able Roofing/Mr. Roof. (2014-2015)/li>
- Freelance Web Designer/SEO (2008-2014)
- Founder/President of ImpactOSU. (2013-2014)
- ITS Engineer at the Max M. Fisher College of Business (2012-2014)
- Social Media & Content Intern at McGraw-Hill Education, preK-12 (Summer 2014)
- Web Designer and SEO Specialist at SiteInSight, a content driven firm in Gahanna, OH (Summer 2013)
- COO Intern at Copperhead Clothing LLC (2011-2014)
- Marketing Director of Block “O”, the largest student organization and official student organization of Ohio State athletics. (2012-2013)
- Student Incident Response Specialist at The Ohio State University OCIO (2011-2013)
- Digital Network Assistant at New Albany High School (2008-2011)