Hello! My name is Michael “Tim” Jessberger and I’m a senior at Ohio State studying Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I’m a digital marketing strategist, I combine cutting edge SEO with outbound external communications (social, PPC, display, email) to create trust, drive traffic, and convert leads.
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Twitter/Facebook/Google+/Instagram/Pinterest/Tumblr/Snapchat and advertising extensions)
- Community Management: 2 years (Various Reddit communities, ~1.5m pageviews per year)
- Copyediting: 2 years
- SEO/SEM: 3 years (on-page, structure, speed, Schema, off-page, competitive analysis, analytics/funneling/ROI)
- HTML & CSS: 4 years (WordPress based design)
- Email Marketing: 2 years (Mailchimp)
- Landing Pages: 2 years (WordPress+Optimizely)
- Marketing Automation: 1 year (Marketo/HubSpot, IFTTT with custom site monitoring, iMacros)
- Social Media Marketing: following growth, expanding reach (both organic and paid strategy), viral strategy, customer service, analytics. Experienced in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Reddit, Vimeo, Pinterest, and Snapchat for organizational use.
- Search Engine Marketing (Traditional SEO/PPC): advanced knowledge of SEO ranking strategies and PPC campaign tactics. Proven examples with driving goal successes.
- Content Marketing (“Big SEO”/Inbound): text/photo/video content creation, high quality link attraction, traffic driving to goals/actions, and analytics.
- Digital Strategy: ability to mesh all concepts of digital/inbound marketing to achieve organizational, strategic, and philosophical goals.
- CMS Oriented Design: WordPress, HTML, CSS, basic-workable PHP.
- Software: Office (strengths in Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Photoshop CS6, Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, iMovie, Audacity.
- Services: Google Drive, Office 365, Google Analytics, Google Font Library, Google Places for Business, Google Adwords, Google Adsense, Google Webmaster Tools, WordPress, bit.ly, SEMRush, Bing Places for Business, HootSuite, TweetDeck.
What I’m Up To
During the school year:
- Founder and President of ImpactOSU, a marketing firm style student organization at The Ohio State University
- Freelance Digital Marketing Strategist
- ITS Engineer at the Max M. Fisher College of Business (~10 hours/week during the school year)
- Social Media & Content Intern at McGraw-Hill K-12 (Summer 2014)
- Web Designer and SEO Specialist at SiteInSight, a content driven firm in Gahanna, OH (Summer 2013)
- COO Intern at Copperhead Clothing LLC (2011-2014)
- Marketing Director of Block “O”, the largest student organization and official student organization of Ohio State athletics. (2012-2013)
- Student Incident Response Specialist at The Ohio State University OCIO (2011-2013)
- Digital Network Assistant at New Albany High School (2008-2011)
What I Read
- The Moz Blog
- Moz Community